Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NOW, NOT LATER!

When is it too late for salvation?  The obvious answer is definitely after death, but is there a time before death when it becomes too late?

 Jesus tells His disciples a parable of 10 virgins. Five were wise and brought extra lamp oil while waiting for the bridegroom. Five were foolish and brought only the oil in their lamps.  When the bridegroom came the wise virgins were able to follow after him and enter the house. The foolish ones had to go and buy oil and when they arrived at the house were turned away.  The groom told them “I do not know you.” Matthew 25:1-13 

No one will know when Jesus will return, only that He will.  Matthew 24:36 NIV But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.  This parables meaning for us is to be ready for His return no matter the time of day or night.  To be ready involves being born again through faith in Jesus Christ and His death, burial and resurrection.  Romans 10:9 NLT For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 

Today is all we have. We are not promised tomorrow.  So whether you are 9 or 90, salvation is a prayer away.  Don’t put off coming to Christ, it could be too late. Don’t chance your eternity on waiting to the last minute.  It’s now, not later.

Simple Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the Name of Jesus.  I admit that I am a sinner and ask You to forgive me of all my sins.  The Bible says if I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that He rose from the dead I will be saved.  I believe with my heart and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of my life. Thank You for saving me.

In Jesus Name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment