Sunday, January 27, 2013

Psalm 23



Psalms 23:1-6 (AMP)
1 A Psalm of David. THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. 

The LORD is my Shepherd.  
Since the LORD is my Shepherd, I do not live in lack. He completely fulfills my every need. 
 
2 He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. 

Since the LORD is my Shepherd, I can rest in the meadow grass, and I can enjoy His leading and safety through the calm streams.

3 He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake. 
Since the LORD is my Shepherd, my strength is renewed to be able to walk where he leads me!  His way is good, and my walk honors Him.

4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 
Since the LORD is my shepherd.  I can even walk through the shadows of my life, and I need not be afraid, even of death,  He is ever beside me, close to me, prodding me and guiding me through every turn.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over. 

Since the LORD is my Shepherd. I need not grow hungry.  He provides delicious, continual, and nutritious food for me.  He guards me and my banquet even while enemies watch closely to destroy me.  His blessings are overflowing and more than I can receive.

6 Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
Without any doubt His constant goodness and continual mercy are with me, not just now but through all   all my life.  I live every day in His presence and will live forever in His Home!

(Italics Mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment