Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Heaven or Hell

Where you spend eternity is up to you.

Many things can be said of hell.
Some theologians teach hell is "fire and brimstone", others teach
it is complete separation from God.
There is also a belief of when you die you simply are no more.
You cease to exist.
In all scenarios, a very grim end or eternity of pain.
What ever view you take, hell is a place where sinners go.

The Bible describes hell as a place of torment, of weeping
and gnashing of teeth, utter darkness, a lake of fire,
eternal separation of God's blessings, a prison,
and finally torment where the worm doesn't turn or die.
Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 8:11-13, 2 Peter 4:8, 
Revelation 20:15, Mark 9:48

In comparison, heaven is eternal fellowship with God.
There will be no more sadness, every tear wiped away, 
no pain, and no death.
Our bodies will be restored to the original creation.
They will be like Jesus.
Christ's resurrected body "was real, visible, capable of 
Revelation 21:1-27, Philippians 3:21, 

We can only vaguely imagine what heaven will be like.
Even our wildest idea will not compare to 
His glorious place of residence for us.
1 Corinthians 2:9

Only through Christ will we reach heaven.
There is no other way.
John 14:6

It's your choice.

Personal prayer of faith:
Dear heavenly Father,
I know I'm a sinner, please forgive me. I know Jesus died for my sins and rose again.
I ask Jesus to come into my life as Lord and Savior.
I ask this in Jesus Name.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment